Matillion is a new ETL/ELT platform that allows you to rapidly integrate data sources and targets in all major cloud database platforms, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and more. It has a modern, browser-based UI that is intuitive and built for rapid development and testing. With a fast setup, you can be up and running in minutes.
- Simplicity – Intuitive UI and approach to data transformation makes complex tasks simple
- Speed – Fast time to value, from launch to develop to production
- Scale – Built to take advantage of the power and features of Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, and Google BigQuery
- Savings – Pay as you go with no long-term commitments
Matillion allows you to quickly and easily build scalable ETL/ELT jobs. It uses Redshift’s power to process complex jobs and can join millions of rows of data in seconds. As you build your jobs, it gives you live feedback, validation, and data preview. Like Google Docs, it allows you to build jobs together in disparate locations, so you have built-in collaboration and version control. There are over 25 tools to administer your ETL instance and over 50 query components to retrieve data from. The easy UI and basic functions allow you to build your first job in minutes, as you will see in the demo below.
In the demo, Aamir Momin, Data Engineer at Sense Corp, will walk you through the Matillion console, highlight key features, and show you Matillion in action in an end–to–end data engineering solution. The cloud components that are used in the demo include:
- Amazon S3 or Amazon Simple Storage Service – a service offered by Amazon Web Services that provides object storage through a web service interface. Amazon S3 uses the same scalable storage infrastructure that Amazon.com uses to run its global e-commerce network.
- Lambda – an event-driven, serverless computing platform provided by Amazon as a part of Amazon Web Services. It is a computing service that runs code in response to events and automatically manages the computing resources required by that code. Also known as Code as a Service.
- Amazon SQS or Amazon Simple Queue Service – a distributed message queuing service introduced by Amazon.com in late 2004. It supports programmatic sending of messages via web service applications to communicate over the Internet.
- Amazon Redshift – a fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service in the cloud. It provides in console query editor functionality and database management.
In conclusion, Matillion can accelerate your modern data analytics process by using a modern data ingestion process and allowing for self-service analytics with tools like Tableau and PowerBI. Furthermore, the simplistic UI and performance–optimized ELT methodology, along with the cost, agility and scalability of the cloud, makes Matillion a valuable product for any organization moving towards modern analytics.
If you have any questions about Matillion or any other cloud technology, please email one of our experts today.
Sense Corp is a leading professional services firm transforming organizations for the digital era. We help clients solve their toughest challenges by bridging the gap between what is and what’s possible. To learn more about the services we offer, contact us.